Tuesday, April 7, 2009

dye-ing for spring




Those are the pictures I tried to include when I first wrote this.  Please excuse my lazy placement.  


I just wrote for three hours straight.  Ok, maybe not three hours, but from 2-4:30, I was scrivo scrivo scrivo.  We started Rembrandt in northern and we had a test in ancient, so my little kid hands are sleepy.  

Sunday night, me and a few friends gathered at Chelsea's for a pre-Easter dinner.  May I interject here that I had THREE dinner invitations for Sunday night. THREE.  I don't get three invitations anywhere in a week.  Three in one night.  My powers of tricking people into liking me are working...

It was what appeared to be an egg themed evening.  Chelsea made quiche (my recipe, which became mine when David gave it to me) and we then dyed eggs for Easter.  BUT FIRST we had like the best salad I have ever eaten.  Or at least the most aesthetically pleasing salad.  

Chelsea made the leafy parts and Ajyra brought the strawberries, walnuts and feta.  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so good

We then ate the quiche, which is always tasty.  Then we dyed eggs!  Which I don't know that I have ever done, but it was a lot of fun.  Behold the glowing eggs of Easter!

That is some bowl Chelsea had, which appropriately served as a nest for our pastel eggs.  

After we dyed the eggs, we ate the pie I made for dessert.  It was like the oreo dirt cups you probably made as a child, with chocolate pudding and gummy worms and oreos.  At some point, my family started making a pie variation, which I'm sure is common, but I couldn't find the recipe anywhere online.  I made it based on the vague directions my mother gave me of "it really isn't that hard to figure out-milk, pudding, cool whip and cream cheese".  I poured all of that goodness into an oreo pie crust and topped it with cookie crumbles and gummy worms.  

It was so damn good.  Good enough that Ajyra broke her no chocolate for Lent vow ("Don't tell anyone.  Palm Sunday is close enough, right?  Ugh, Bonnie, I wish you had made it in styrofoam cups instead").  

It was a fun night, almost warm, but not cold.

Right before the April snow flurries. 



1 comment:

Leah Hollett said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot see your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!