Monday, November 3, 2008

decision 2008

As many of you know, I voted for Barack Obama.  I believe he can direct this country out of the obscurity that it has been driven in to.  

I have been amazed at the amount of HATE toward Obama I have seen on Facebook.  People use words like evil, communist, etc.  I do not understand how people can be so rude and immature.  I publicly announced my support of Obama via my facebook status and immediately got responses containing so much negativity, saying I was dumb, that they were disappointed in me, among other things.  I can understand not agreeing with someone politically; but presenting your opinion in such an immature way is unbelievable to me.  Also, I have many liberal friends on the facebook and I have seen very few super negative things about McCain on their statuses, links, pages, etc.  I know that it is out there, and I have made one or two "zingers" about Sarah Palin myself, but there seems to be a maturity (knowledge?) gap between my liberal friends and my conservative friends.  

I guess what I'm trying to get at is I just wish people could be a little kinder in their giving of opinions, especially about something like this.  I have done my research, I know what I voted for, and I kind of doubt that a lot of the people telling me that I am dumb and/or voting for a communist have done theirs'.  I also kind of think that if they were better informed, they would not behave  the way they do.  

Or they would vote democrat.

Obama 2008

1 comment:

Shelley Nicole said...

I voted for McCain, but I agree with you whole-heartedly