Friday, November 14, 2008

a few thoughts

I saw a penny on the ground today.  It was on tails.  I couldn't remember if it was lucky to pick up a penny heads side up or penny side up. Then I thought...are there people out there who really only pick up lucky pennies?  Or people that rely on happening upon a lucky penny for their life to change?  Either way, its still money.  I did not pick it up. 

I decided today that I want to marry a man with an interesting face.  There are plenty of nice looking, ordinary people who will in turn grow old and be ordinary looking old people.  I want to marry a man who will make an interesting looking old man.  I prefer interesting to ordinary.

What is it about birthdays that make people want to spend money on you?  Don't get me wrong, I am all for people buying me things.  I guess it is a way to show you that they are happy that you were born.  

3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I actually think of my grandpa when I see a penny on the ground. My mom's father always always always picked up pennies when he saw them. So...everytime my mom sees a penny she recounts to me how 'your grandpa always, always, always picked up pennies'. I've heard this story, um, way too many times. So yeah, I think of my grandpa. I always pick up the penny.

Shelley Nicole said...

About twice a week...(or more), I stop at the "Top Stop" quicky mart at the Chevron station in Lehi, UT at about 7:15 a.m. to get a regular size Dr.Pepper with 2 squirts of vanilla. This event occurs because a. I'm so tired b. I'm pissed and a treat makes me happier c. I like to feel like the truck drivers/construction workers who frequent the place everyday and the cashiers know them. The drink costs $0.96 so I need all the pennies I can get my hands on.

Natalie said...

Josh actually picks up pennys from the ground every single day...originally it was for "luck" but I think now he is just trying to get rich! (Yes, it's a slow process, and I am being really patient.)