Monday, March 2, 2009

the woods are lovely, dark and deep


OF COURSE I have to post about the March snowstorm of 2009.  First day of March and what do we get?  Several inches of snow.  My heart was all a flutter when the rain started turning into snow, with the prospect of the light dusting we usually get if it snows.  

And it just kept snowing.

I live kind of in front of the intramural trails, and they are lovely any time of year, but one day as I was walking them I thought, "If it ever snows, this is the first place I am coming".  I bundled up (as best I could...I quickly realized I'm really not prepared for this kind of weather) and headed to the woods.  It was breathtaking.  What is it about snow that makes everything beautiful?  
















Those are just a couple of my (poor quality) pictures I took.  All of them are on Facebook, if you're interested.  I'm about to go to Danielsville to spend the day with my family, and will probably take more there.  

Oh and to mention food....

We had now power between 4pm and sometime before 5am this morning.  I had a peanut butter sandwich and some cheese its for dinner last night.  Yep.  Was not happy about that.  BUT, I had that meal while playing Apples to Apples with my neighbors.  By candle light.  : ]






3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Yesterday was awesome! Glad you got some pictures. My camera is MIA.

Shelley Nicole said...

I'm happy that made you happy...I detest snow

Leah Hollett said...

beau rules at apples to apples! we should have a tournament sometime!