Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I believe I can fly

I was trying to figure out a format for my blog and I had narrowed it down to this: 

Mondays-food related
Fridays-products I liked

But what to do about Wednesday?  I consulted my friend Leah after she mentioned my blog, and she really likes it when I talk about things I don't like.  Another blog I like is feministing.com and they have what they call "Friday Feminist F$@* You", so I could have "WTF Wednesday".  As I couldn't really think of something I really hated today (except being sick-ish still) and I didn't think Leah would approve of my use of the phrase "WTF", I decided to blog about something else.

I grew up in a very small town with very small people.  Many of them had been in Danielsville most of their life and they were content with what they had.  The thought of this terrified me.  It wasn't until late highschool/college that I realized that I do not have to live that way.  Thank goodness.  I plan on exploring the world around me and all that it has to offer, and developing many talents.  Today, world, I share with you my life goals that I have come up with thus far.  

#1 Speak the following languages fluently: 
-Italian
-French
-Spanish
#2 Visit all seven continents (yes, including Antarctica)
#3 Own a great piece of art
#4 Create something beautiful
#5 Learn to play the piano
#6 Learn to play the violin
#7 Learn to sail
#8 Own horses and know how to ride
#9 Take a drawing class
#10 Take a painting class
#11 Go skydiving 


That is really all I have come up with so far.  Some of them will be much easier to achieve.  I'm on my way to speaking Italian, which will make learning Spanish easy, and I have a (vague) background in French.  I've been to one continent, so that's a good start.  All of the "learn to"s may have to wait until I have a real job with real money so I can take real classes.  I can take a drawing class while I'm still in school.  Someday I can do all of these things, and much more.  It will be fun.  

1 comment:

Leah Hollett said...

wtf is ok. my favorite, however, is wth. i say it all the time (ok just in my mind which i guess the scriptures say is just as bad. i will repent later i promise :Þ)anyway... love your list. i hope you accomplish all of those things someday.